OZ Vlog #6: Contiki Beaches and Reefs- Outback, Australia
It is actually very refreshing to step away from the sandy beaches and venture inland for a bit of Australian culture.
Today we spent the night in a converted airplane hangar at a local family’s farm in the outback. There we took part in a tractor ride, learned about Australian beef, and tried whip cracking.
Tonight I learned two new things about myself:
- I suck at whip cracking. I failed to capture it on film but I ended up not being able to make a single whip sound after 5 minutes of trying. I also managed to give myself a whip shaped welt across my lower back for the rest of the evening.
- I love karaoke. Our karaoke night was definitely one of my favorite nights on tour. I ended up singing 4 songs:
- A duet to Shania Twain’s- That Don’t Impress Me Much.
- A duet to Summer Nights from Grease with my awesome tour manager John.
- Solo Bon Jovi- Living On A Prayer.
- A duet to Alannah Myles – Black Velvet, in which I realized afterwards that I didn’t know the lyrics as well as I thought I did.
Oh Happy Days!