Now Fiji has ALWAYS been on top of my list for travel destinations, ever since my first trip to New Zealand, which kickstarted this blog and my life now as a travel vlogger. Well, today I am beyond excited to tell you that I am finally heading to Fiji!
I will be working together with the tourism board to show you #BackpackingFiji, the adventurous side of this stunning, tropical south pacific country.
Better yet, I will be visiting Fiji with 3 other fantastic ladies!!
My good friend and travel blogger Kristen Sarah (Hopscotchtheglobe.com),
long time YouTube friend Alli Speed (youtube.com/alli),
Things might get crazy, but nothing Fiji can’t handle.
We’ll be working closely with all the local tour providers to show and tell you all the various things to see and do, such as :
- Shark Diving: We will be diving with 8 different species of sharks: Tawny Nurses, Sicklefin Lemons, Grey Reefs, Blacktip Reefs, Whitetip Reefs, Silvertips, massive Bulls and the occasional Tiger. Four of which I have seen before down in the Galapagos but failed to capture it due to equipment failure.
- Flavours of Fiji Cooking School: In which we will learning to cook some of the tradition Fijian foods and flavours!
- The Vinaka Fiji Volunteer Program: We’ll also be volunteering in the Yasawa Islands helping out the locals with installing water tanks, helping children, planting crops and more.
- Sigatoka River Safari: A half-day eco/cultural adventure that transports us deep into the heart & soul of Fiji aboard custom-built safari jet boats.
- Blue Lagoon Cruises: Where we’ll explore the breathtaking islands and remote bays of Mamanuca & Yasawa Islands.
There will be lots of amazing food and drinks to be had as well, and I really do hope to come back at least two shades darker then when I left. I will be severally disappointed if I don’t.
Some of the accommodations we will be staying at:
I can’t wait to take you on the adventure with us!!
Be sure to follow along on the Capture Fiji Page where they will be holding a live feed of all our various posts and adventures!
Also, make sure to follow @TourismFiji on twitter and hashtags #Fiji and #BackpackingFiji.
To learn more about Fiji visit the Official Tourism Fiji website for more info.
Just a side note for those who have been following me over the past few months with the Island Connoisseur Job, Fiji is something Kristen and I have been planning since the beginning of April, before I won any contests or even knew I was in the top 10.